A UK based independent advisory firm focused on providing technical, regulatory and strategic advice to clients in the wireless industry and wireless users sectors, including both public sector and commercial businesses. We help clients understand global trends in wireless, advising on the opportunities and challenges such trends create for organisations whilst identifying strategies to mitigate risks. Using our proven methods, processes and tools we help our clients realise the benefits that wireless can deliver.
We develop unique approaches to techno-economic analysis of 5G and other wireless technologies, using proven cloud based proprietary analytic tools. Real Wireless uniquely mixes wireless industry and wireless user expertise to achieve our goal to help bridge the gap between industry and users. Our clients are technology companies, regulators, city and transport authorities, central and local government, venue owners, property firms, law firms, investors and anybody with an interest in wireless technology. We operate across many technologies – including cellular 2G/3G/4G and are deeply involved in the developing 5G eco system, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, DAB, DTT, GSM, TETRA, PMR, PMSE, IoT/M2M, Bluetooth, Zigbee, small cells, radio, core, GEO/MEO/LEO satellite and transport networks – and much more besides.
We are seeking to expand our permanent team with an intellectually curious Managing Consultant, ideally located in the South East of England. We require solid expertise and deep knowledge in the wireless industry and its technologies. The candidate will have a record of accomplishment; successfully managing clients and projects with the ability to identify and apply appropriate advisory and consulting approaches. The ability to identify and act upon opportunities, that may lead to the development of new business based on a solid understanding of the wireless value chain in existing and emerging industries is highly desirable.
This position requires a candidate with proven leadership capabilities, able to influence the direction of the technology sector, with excellent written, oral communication and analytical skills, and an ability to identify, formulate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner. A solid grasp of economic principles, associated business models, technical and market platforms to effectively articulate business cases that include credible financial models is necessary. Experience of strategic innovation in the alternative, special networks and enterprise networks segments is desirable.
The candidate should be able to function collaboratively across teams working in both virtual and face-to-face modes and should be comfortable stepping outside of their day to day workstream to address emergent opportunities. Candidates must have a demonstrable record of managing and delivering existing and new client accounts, multi-tasking and be willing and able to travel internationally.
- Developing thought leadership that serves to create new business opportunities that will contribute to the growth of Real Wireless
- Delivering complex projects to customers, sometimes in challenging timescales and with the ability to take the customer with you
- Management of customer projects and providing input to project related deliverables
- Developing thought leadership with respect to changes in the wireless industry and growth of the business
- Speaking at conferences and representing the company on various boards that will help promote the business
Desired skills and experience
- Deep expertise in wireless technology, networks and overall wireless industry
- Proven experience in the execution and delivery of technical and business-oriented projects
- Project management experience, record of delivering projects on schedule and within budget
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of business development experience
- Excellent leadership and inter-personal skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Background in ICT
- Broad understanding of regulatory, spectrum, technology, socio-economic aspects and market trends in the wireless and communications space
- A professional qualification in a relevant field (eg CEng)
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.