Real Wireless experts have around 1,000 years of experience in the world of wireless, and have worked in senior positions as regulators, engineers, economists, physicists, business strategists, entrepreneurs, researchers, and many more. But what do they actually do?
“We make things go,” says Mark Keenan, co-founder and now CEO of Real Wireless, “and we problem solve. Sometimes we solve an existing problem, or we help the company find out what the problem is and then sort it. It’s simple really.”
So in honour of ten years in business and the launch of a new website, here are 10 things you didn’t know about Real Wireless, with links to find out more.
- When you send a tweet or share a photo from that football game or One Direction concert, that’s probably been enabled by Real Wireless. The firm is one of the leading consultants on spectrum and wireless coverage for stadiums and other large venues in the UK. https://www.real-wireless.com/stadiums-and-venues-the-headline-act/
- Before in-building wireless was hitting the headlines as a mission critical challenge, Real Wireless was already working to find solutions and celebrated 10 years of wireless consulting in 2016. https://www.real-wireless.com/about-us/
- Who do you go to if you need to build wireless connectivity into a new build commercial property? From planning, transmission and fibre cabling, to power supply and future upgrades, Real Wireless makes sure companies get the infrastructure right, first time. https://www.real-wireless.com/commercial-property-essentials-bricks-mortar-and-wireless/
- Will London run out of spectrum before you’ve finished reading this article? Can LTE and WiFi ever live happily together in the same band? Real Wireless’ unique spectrum modelling system, CAPISCE, addresses questions like this, in enormous detail, on behalf of spectrum owners, regulators and technologists. https://www.real-wireless.com/modelling-a-unique-and-valuable-service/
- It’s not all gigabits and erlangs. Real Wireless has a balance of technical, business and deployment expertise and experience. One of its chief value propositions for clients is to pull all these perspectives together into a holistic plan from business case to deployment to ongoing management. https://www.real-wireless.com/
- Transportation is one of the hottest areas in the 5G discussion, from autonomous cars to intelligent trains. But Real Wireless is already helping transport organizations to harness mobile technology to improve their services and business models, working with railway, public transit, city authorities and other stakeholders. https://www.real-wireless.com/transport-wireless-shows-the-way/
- It’s tough to get impartial advice in the bewildering world of wireless connectivity. Real Wireless has no commercial links to any technology, vendor or service provider, but it has deep relationships of trust with organisations in every corner of the industry. https://www.real-wireless.com/wireless-industry/
- The more clients and projects Real Wireless engages, the greater its depth of knowledge to inform the next project. Its consultants have worked with large enterprises, operators, regulators, transport providers, even whole nation states, to address the challenges of delivering excellent connectivity. https://www.real-wireless.com/wireless-experts/
- Debates rage about licensed vs unlicensed spectrum; satellite vs cellular. Real Wireless has expertise in just about every technology on the wireless spectrum and can advise on the pros and cons of cellular, WiFi, satellite, broadcast, public radio, Bluetooth and many more. https://www.real-wireless.com/real-wireless-bolsters-independent-expertise-with-raft-of-new-appointments/
- Real Wireless is playing a key role in the wireless standards of the future. It is one of the members of the prestigious European Union project, 5G NORMA, working on an end-to-end architecture for the networks of tomorrow. It was also part of an EC team which recently quantified the benefits of 5G deployment in Europe – €113.1 billion annually from 2025. https://www.real-wireless.com/news/publications/